Working in Canada Session
When: January 18, 10 am-12 pm
Where: Centre for International Experience (CIE), 33 St. George St.
Are you an international student who would like to work in Canada? If so, come to the Centre for International Experience on January 18 to learn about:
- Your legal rights and obligations when it comes to working in Canada.
- The different types of work permits/work authorizations
- The eligibility criteria for on-campus employment.
- The eligibility criteria for off-campus employment.
- The eligibility criteria for the co-op work permit.
- The eligibility criteria for the post-graduation work permit.
- The maximum hours that an international student is allowed to work.
- The required documents.
- Conditions related to working during scheduled breaks.
- Amending your study permit if it does not authorize you to work.
- Getting a social insurance number (SIN).
Back to Home