Working in Canada Information Session
When: December 5, 10 am- 12 pm
Where: Centre for International Experience, Cumberland House, 33 St. George St., Room 102
Are you an international student who would like to work in Canada? If so, join the Immigration Advisor, Centre for International Experience (CIE) to learn about:
- Your legal rights and obligations when it comes to working in Canada.
- The different types of work permits/work authorizations.
- The eligibility criteria for on-campus employment.
- The eligibility criteria for off-campus employment.
- The eligibility criteria for the co-op work permit.
- The eligibility criteria for the post-graduation work permit.
- The maximum hours that an international student is allowed to work.
- The required documents.
- Conditions related to working during scheduled breaks.
- Amending your study permit if it does not authorize you to work.
- Getting a social insurance number (SIN).
Back to Home