Volunteer with the Saturday Program: Tutoring & Mentorship to High School Students
Sign up for an amazing volunteering opportunity with the Saturday Program! Volunteer spots are filling up fast and you don’t want to miss out on a fulfilling way to build your CV and better your experience at U of T.
The Saturday Program is the largest community outreach program under the U of T Medical Society. Since 1996, we have provided free tutoring and mentorship to high school students in Toronto who may be struggling academically but have demonstrated the desire to explore their potential. We are currently recruiting volunteer tutors and core volunteers for the 2019 session. See below for details!
- How does the program work? On a typical Saturday in the Medical Sciences Building, high school students receive one-on-one homework help from volunteers from 9:15 am-11:15 am and then attend an exciting hands-on learning workshop from 11:30 am-12:30 pm. A free light breakfast and a hot lunch will be served to all program participants after the workshop.
- Time commitment: The program start date is January 26, 2019 and will run for 10 consecutive Saturdays thereafter (exceptions: Family Day, March Break, and Easter weekends) with April 27 being the last session. Volunteers may choose to attend all 10 sessions or be paired with another volunteer and attend 6/10 sessions.
- **CCR eligibility is obtained if 6 sessions are completed**
- What are the available volunteer roles? Volunteer tutors, as the title suggests, will be tutoring a student each Saturday. Students are paired with the same tutor(s) each week to enable rapport-building and facilitate learning. Core volunteers assist with program logistics by taking attendance, facilitating workshops, serving breakfast/lunch, etc. Core volunteers may also serve as substitute tutors in the event of tutor absences.
- Want more information? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, check us out on Facebook, or follow us on Instagram @saturday.program. Our website is currently under construction.
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please fill out the volunteer form here: http://bit.ly/2BNVjFH.
Back to Home