UHIP Dis-enrollment Update – Fall 2020
International students studying remotely outside of Ontario, Canada for the full Fall semester will be able to dis-enroll from UHIP from October 1, 2020. Please find some guidelines below on the process:
- The UHIP dis-enrollment form will be available here from October 1 to November 1, 2020 (link via UHIP webpage).
- Once approved, the student’s UHIP coverage will be cancelled and the fees will be removed from the student’s Acorn account.
- If a student has already paid UHIP fees on Acorn, it will be credited back to them.
- Students’ UHIP coverage and fees will be activated again automatically for January – August 2021. If border restrictions continue, we will provide more information on how to dis-enroll for the winter semester in January 2021.
- Students are required to contact the UHIP Office to re-activate their coverage as soon as possible if they arrive in Canada before the end of the semester.
- Students studying from another province or territory in Canada in the fall semester should follow instructions for UHIP exemptions on our website (section Considerations and Exceptions).
- Students can direct any queries regarding their eligibility to dis-enroll from UHIP for Fall 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Home