Summer Work Study Opportunities
Develop your knowledge, strengthen your skills and explore how your academic studies translate to career possibilities.
Across the University of Toronto, over 3,500 students participate in the Work Study Program. The program offers on-campus positions that provide an opportunity to gain practical work experience.
Summer 2020 work study positions are now open to students enrolled in summer courses. Log in to CLNx to learn more about individual positions and eligibility requirements. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so don’t wait — apply online today!
Here are a few to consider:
Communications & Web Assistant (Job ID: 164287)
School of Graduate Studies (SGS)
Are you interested in marketing, communications, and UX? Looking to gain some practical skills and experiences before graduation? Want to challenge yourself this summer by trying something new, in addition to your summer course load? Want to work in a large, complex institution in a role that will set you up for a variety of future career possibilities? Want to help SGS look cool? Apply for the role of Communications & Web Assistant at U of T’s School of Graduate Studies!
Gradlife Ambassador (Job ID: 163553)
The Gradlife Ambassador will assist the Coordinator with programs, events, and outreach for new and continuing graduate students. Duties include promoting and assisting with facilitating virtual and in person events such as Grad Escapes, Grad Connections, assisting with planning orientation programs, event logistics, writing blog posts, promoting our programs through social media and generally engaging graduate students on campus. Blogging experience required and facilitation experience ideal. Experience managing social media and using Microsoft teams is preferred. This position is open to graduate students only.
The Centre for International Experience (CIE) is looking to hire five students for summer work study positions:
- Intercultural Online Projects Assistant (Job ID 164444): Contribute to the review, development, and planning of current and new intercultural programs for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Digital Events and Communications Assistant (Job ID 164468): Contribute to the development, planning, and promotion of virtual events and programs; assist in digital communications with incoming students and virtual support of student mentors.
- Online Programs Assistant (Job ID 164475): Contribute to the development of online modules to support incoming international students.
- Learning Abroad Ambassador – Inbound (Job ID 160155): Provide support to the Learning Abroad Team with the development, planning, coordination, and delivering of student support programs for students engaged in learning abroad experiences.
- Learning Abroad Communications Ambassador – Outbound (Job ID 163756): Support the development of Social Media strategy to increase social media engagement and awareness of the Learning Abroad program across U of T.
Click here to learn more about the work study program.
Back to Home