Mitacs professional development program
Mitacs is a national, private, not-for-profit organization that manages and operates various programs designed to facilitate collaboration between academia and industry, government, and other organizations, and train the next generation of young Canadian scientists.
Mitacs also offers a free professional development program open to Canadian post-secondary students. This program is designed to provide support for post-secondary students as they complete their research and innovation projects, prepare to take on a leadership role in their industry, and improve employability in their respective fields.
Mitacs is happy to share that we’ve opened new dates for our facilitated sessions for August 2023 and beyond and would like to invite students and post-doctoral fellows from your university to register.
You will find attached the list of sessions available as well as details about the course bundles that we offer. Please share with your students.
Benefits of the Mitacs professional development program:
- No cost for the students or the academic institution
- Bilingual language options (English and French)
- Flexible course offerings online in all Canadian time zones and throughout the calendar year
- Open to Canadian post-secondary students of all levels and Mitacs program participants
- Accessibility features to support the learning experience, including animations and subtitles
- Enhanced professional skills that improve employability
- Opportunities for applied group discussions between participants and facilitators based on online learning
We would also like to remind that Mitacs Skills Training is offering all of their session as ‘Special requests’ if you would like to offer these courses to only your group of students outside of our general curriculum dates.
To register, students need to create an account or log in on our learning management system EDGE.
You will find more about each course bundle on our website: Training Courses | Mitacs.
For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Home