Mitacs Canadian Science Policy Fellowship Call for Applications
Help solve public policy challenges in Canada.
The Mitacs Canadian Science Policy Fellowship offers PhD holders from all disciplines a 12-month immersion into the policy making process with participating government departments.
The Canadian Science Policy Fellowship is now accepting applications from prospective fellows interested in undertaking a year-long policy position within a Canadian government host office beginning in September 2020.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident*
- Hold a PhD in any academic discipline at the start of the fellowship
- Participate full-time in a 12-month fellowship at the host office
- Secure accommodation in the host city, and relocate to their host office as needed
- Negotiate a leave of absence from their current employer, as applicable
The 2020 cohort of fellowships will begin in September 2020. Approved fellows receive remuneration from their host offices as well as professional development training and networking events facilitated by Mitacs.
Applications will be accepted until February 5, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
For more information, please visit the Canadian Science Policy Fellowship or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status is required to obtain a security clearance with a host office to begin a fellowship. Specific citizenship requirements will vary by host office. All applicants must have Canadian citizenship or permanent residency prior to the start of the interview process (May 2020).
Back to Home