Intercultural Teaching Circles for TAs
TATP, CIE, and Academic Success are partnering on a conversational program called “Intercultural Teaching Circles”, directed at both domestic and international teaching assistants (TAs). The goal is for these TAs to discuss and co-create intercultural communication strategies as they pertain to inclusive teaching and learning practices.
The goals of the circles are:
- To offer an informal and discussion-based space for TAs to connect and crowdsource different materials, tools, and/or resources to build their intercultural sensitivity and competence.
- To create a community of practice where TAs can regularly return to in order to discuss challenges and success stories around their teaching.
- To facilitate a space where all TAs can navigate ambiguities around online teaching as a community of practice and co-create best practices as a collective voice.
This program is eligible as a core opportunity in MyGPD through the Centre for Graduate Professional Development (CGPD). Participants who attend at least three out of the four sessions will receive one (1) GPS credit under Teaching Competence.
The dates of the teaching circles are:
- Wednesday, February 24th, 1pm – 2pm EST
- Wednesday, March 31st, 1pm – 2pm EST
- Wednesday, April 28th, 1pm – 2pm EST
- Wednesday, May 26th, 1pm – 2pm EST
Note: We will also offer drop-in hours on these days at 9am EST for students situated in different time zones.
Follow this link to self-enroll in the program: https://q.utoronto.ca/enroll/LT746M and please contact Yaseen Ali you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Home