IMPORTANT DATES: December 2017 / January 2018
December 21, 2017 -January 2, 2018
University closed for the winter break. For the last day of classes before the winter break, consult the graduate units concerned.
January 3, 2018
- Registration opens for Graduate Centre for Academic Communication (GCAC) Winter term courses at 10 am
- Recommended tuition fee payment deadline for students registering or starting their program in the Winter to ensure payment is received by the registration deadline of January 12, and to avoid cancellation of registration and course enrolment
- Most formal graduate courses and seminars begin
- Registration deadline for students registering or starting their program in the Winter (January to April) session; after this date, a late registration fee will be assessed. Minimum required payment due (unpaid fees from previous session[s] + 100% of current Winter session tuition fee charges).
- Coursework must be completed and grades submitted for Fall session courses
- Final date to submit doctoral theses without payment of incidental Winter session fees.
- Fall session grades available for viewing by students on ACORN/ROSI
- Final date for receipt of degree recommendations and submission of any required theses for March or June graduation for master’s students without fees being charged for the Winter session
- Final date for all students to request that their degrees be conferred in absentia in March
- Final date to submit final doctoral theses for March Convocation in absentia
- Students dually registered in the Fall session must be recommended for the master’s degree by this date to maintain their PhD registration
- Final date to add Winter session courses
- Payment deadline to avoid service charges on unpaid Winter session (January to April) tuition and non-tuition fee amounts for all students registered in the Winter session only, except for those who have successfully registered without payment because they are receiving a full funding package via a research stipend, a major award or scholarship, teaching assistantships, tuition waiver, and/or sponsorships. Monthly service charges will incur starting February 15, 2018.
February 1 (international only)
- Status in Canada exemption deadline (for reassessment of the winter session only)
- Deadline to make a change to your name as it will appear on your diploma for March in absentia graduation
For details, please consult the Sessional Dates 2017/18.
Back to Home