Mar. 19: 2021 International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (IDERD) Conference
The Anti-Racism and Cultural Diversity Office (ARCDO) invites you to join us for the upcoming 2021 International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (IDERD) Conference.
Learn about approaches and strategies to deepen anti-racism action through systemic and intersectional change. We will be joined by local community experts, academics, administration and student leaders to engage in critical dialogue and information sharing.
2021 IDERD Conference
The Work Continues: Deepening Anti-Racism Action through Systemic and Intersectional Change
March 19, 2021: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm, via Zoom
Keynote Speaker: john a. powell, Director, Othering and Belonging Institute; Professor, University of California at Berkeley
- Session 1: Developing an Anti-Racism Action Plan
- Session 2: Intersectional Approaches to Decolonize Anti-Racism Efforts Within a Post-secondary Environment
- Session 3: Not For, But With: Engaging Students as Anti-Racist Leaders
- Session 4: The Politics of (In)visibility: Race & Resistance in LGBTQ2S+ Experiences within Post-Secondary Institutions
- Session 5: Centring Anti-Racism within Faith-based Advocacy
Registration and more information
If you require accommodation, please email Saimah Baig and we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements. Live captioning will be available to all participants during the session. For any other inquiries about this event, please contact Aamer Esmail.
Back to Home