How to access the credit balance on your student fees account

If you have a credit balance on your student account, you may request a refund of those funds by following the steps below.

  • Check your ACORN account under the Finances navigation menu item to ensure that you have valid Canadian bank account information. If you need assistance in locating your bank account information, please visit the ACORN How-to guide.
  • Update your Mailing Address on ACORN (in addition to your Permanent Mailing Address) in the Profiles & Settings section, under the Address tab (see last bullet below regarding international mailing addresses).
  • Ensure the Valid Until dates for both your Canadian banking information and mailing address will remain active for at least one month from the Valid From date. Ideally, have your banking information valid until 2699 if you do not see any changes in the foreseeable future.
  • Complete the University Registrar’s Office’s Request a Refund Form.
  • NOTE: Refunds by cheque to international addresses may not be advisable or possible due to Canada Post or other mail delivery restrictions, and there may be challenges with cashing the cheque (as these funds can only be issued to you in Canadian dollars).

Back to Home