How do I access the credit on my student fees account?

If you have a credit balance on your student account, you may request a refund of those funds by following the steps below. 

  • Check your  ACORN  account under the Finances tab (ACORN How-to guide, look under “Finances”) to ensure that you have valid Canadian bank account information. 
  • Ensure your “mailing” address on ACORN is still valid (in addition to your “permanent” mailing address) in the Profiles & Settings section, under the Address tab (see last bullet below regarding international mailing addresses). 
  • Ideally, set your banking information valid date to 2699 if you do not see any changes in the foreseeable future. 
  • Email to request a refund of a credit balance. 
  • Note: Refunds by cheque to international addresses may not be advisable or possible due to Canada Post or other mail delivery restrictions, and there may be challenges with cashing the cheque (as these funds can only be issued to you in Canadian dollars).  

Back to Home