Housing Events This Fall
- Buying A Home Session: a workshop delivered by the Canadian Mortgage Housing Corporation that covers key considerations for first-time homebuyers
- Wednesday October 16, 5:30-7:30 pm
- Student Success Centre (Koffler Student Services Building, Room 150)
- Registration required: https://clnx.utoronto.ca/events.htm?evtId=16395 (note: students will need to be logged into CLNx to access details & registration)
- Facebook Live URent Series: a recorded video series covering key things tenants should know about various aspects of renting. Watch live or catch the replay on our Student Life Facebook page.
- Upcoming: Maintenance and Repairs (Thurs Oct 10, 2-2:30 pm)
- Upcoming: Pests (Tues Nov 5, 2-2:30 pm)
- Housing Conflict Coaching: workshops and advice on resolving conflict with landlords, roommates, and everyday life.
- Monday, September 30: Drop-in Advising (note: students will need to be logged into CLNx to access details & registration)
- Monday, October 21: Workshop
- Monday, October 28: Drop-in Advising
- Monday, November 18: Workshop
- Monday, November 25: Drop-in Advising (Meeting Room 5)
Graduate students can also access the Graduate Conflict Resolution Centre and access trained Peer Advisor support to prevent, manage, or resolve conflict in their lives.
- Housing education and support: Our office also offers general support for students who are renting off-campus and have questions about finding units, their rights as a tenant, or how to resolve a particular rental issue. We are not realtors or lawyers, so we cannot find specific units for students or provide legal advice, but we are skilled at providing guidance in navigating Toronto’s complex and expensive rental market. Our website is about to undergo a fantastic facelift, we offer a property listing service to find accommodations and roommates, and students are otherwise welcome to contact us with additional queries. You are, of course, always welcome to refer students directly to us!
Back to Home