Getting your OSAP money
The amount of time it takes to review your application depends on a number of factors, including the verification process and any documents that may be required. OSAP will let you know if you need a Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA). The National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC) will send you an email when it’s time for you to register for your online account and complete your MSFAA online.
This can take anywhere from four to six weeks.
If you’re a full-time student, you will typically get your money in two instalments:
- the first, when you start your study period (usually in September)
- the rest, halfway through your studies (usually in January)
You’ll only get your money after:
- you’ve completed your application and all required documents have been received and approved
- all your information has been verified
- the University has confirmed your enrolment (as early as two weeks before your study period starts and again before your second installment can be released)
Visit the Student Accounts website for details.
Back to Home