For international students: Working in Canada, filing income taxes, and more

Working in Canada and Entry Documents – Q&A

Are you an international student who would like to work in Canada? Join us for our Q&A sessions covering a variety of topics relating to your rights and obligations.

Topics covered will include the different types of work permits and authorizations; the eligibility criteria for each; the maximum number of hours you can work during the academic year (fall and winter semesters) and during breaks; working while transitioning from student status to worker status; and more.

Please watch one or more of these instructional videos first before registering for the sessions listed further below.

How to Apply for a New Entry Visa (TRV) from Inside Canada:

Presented by the Centre for International Experience.

  • February 9 | 10:00 – 11:00 am | Register
  • February 17 | 2:00 – 3:00 pm | Register
  • February 25 | 10:00- 11:00 am | Register
  • February 28 | 2:00 – 3:00 pm | Register

Introduction to Income Taxes in Canada

Are you an international student wondering whether you should file taxes in Canada? Do you have questions about your eligibility and the process? Then join us at this income tax info session brought to you by representatives from the Canada Revenue Agency, who are here to provide an overview of tax requirements and responsibilities of international students and respond to your questions and concerns.

Service Canada Webinar: Getting a Social Insurance Number (SIN)

Service Canada is hosting a live webinar for international students to learn the application process to get their Social Insurance Numbers (SIN). Service Canada staff will walk us through the process of applying for a SIN online and will also provide an overview of Service Canada programs, services and available benefits.

February 18 | 1:00- 2:00 pm | Register

Back to Home