For international students: Offerings from CIE
Working in Canada and Entry Documents – Q&A
Are you an international student who would like to work in Canada?
If so, watch one or more of these instructional videos first and then join us for the Q&A sessions listed below.
- Working in Canada overview (21 minutes)
- Co-op Work Permit PART 1 (30 minutes), PART 3A (24 minutes), and PART 3B (22 minutes)
- Post-Graduation Work Permit PART 1 (25 minutes), PART 2 (15 minutes), PART 4 (24 minutes), PART 5 (22 minutes)
How to Apply for a New Entry Visa (TRV) from Inside Canada
- Visa Renewal Part I: Introduction & Required Documents (14 minutes)
- Visa Renewal Part II: The Online Eligibility Questionnaire for a Visa Application (24 minutes)
- Visa Renewal Part III: Completing a Visa Application Form IMM  (20 minutes)
Dates & times:
July 22| 10:00 – 11:00 am. Click here to register.
July 25| 2:00- 3:00 pm. Click here to register.
Your Canadian Legal Status: Orientation Q & A
As an international student in Canada, you have to maintain your legal status and abide by Canadian immigration law and regulations.
Please watch the applicable recording(s) before the session:
- Your Canadian Legal Status: Preparing to Enter Canada
- Your Canadian Legal Status: Your Obligations and Rights as an International Student
Then join us at this Q&A session to discuss these topics:
- Your obligations as an international student
- Maintaining your legal status in Canada
- Eligibility criteria for on-campus and off-campus work
- Eligibility criteria for co-op work
- Eligibility criteria for the post-graduation work permit
- Required documents for dependents (spouses and children)
- Inviting family members to visit you in Canada
- Getting a Social Insurance Number (SIN) to work in Canada
- Getting an Ontario identification card
- Income Taxes and Benefits
Please note that this will be a group drop-in session and any information you provide about your personal situation will be in a group setting. If you have questions of a confidential/private nature that require privacy, please book a one-on-one appointment with one of the advisors.
Dates & times:
July 27| 2:00- 3:00 pm. Click here to register.
Moving Forward: Get Started Summer Transition Program for Students with Disabilities
Moving Forward:Get Started is a Summer Transition Program specifically designed for new, incoming students entering any level of post-secondary education (undergraduate, graduate, college) who identify as living with a disability. This event is also for students with disabilities who have not yet attended a Moving Forward orientation event.
This two-hour event provides support to students living with disabilities including:
- Navigating accommodations at the post-secondary level
- University-level academic learning strategies and skills
- Meeting a community of peers & connect with Accessibility Services staff
- Transition to the next stage of your academic career.
Dates & times:
July 20| 9:00- 11:00 am. Click here to register.
Moving Forward offers a series of workshops, panels, and strategy sessions to introduce you to Accessibility Services, accommodations, and tips to prepare you for post-secondary learning! This event is a precursor to our larger Moving Forward: Orientation event happening August 29 and 30.
Back to Home