For international students: Canadian Legal Status Q&A
As an international student in Canada, you have to maintain your legal status and abide by Canadian immigration law and regulations.
Please watch the applicable recording(s) before the session:
- Your Canadian Legal Status: Preparing to Enter Canada
- Your Canadian Legal Status: Your Obligations and Rights as an International Student
Then join us at this Q&A session to discuss these topics:
- Your obligations as an international student
- Maintaining your legal status in Canada
- Eligibility criteria for on-campus and off-campus work
- Eligibility criteria for co-op work
- Eligibility criteria for the post-graduation work permit
- Required documents for dependents (spouses and children)
- Inviting family members to visit you in Canada
- Getting a Social Insurance Number (SIN) to work in Canada
- Getting an Ontario identification card
- Income Taxes and Benefits
Please note that this will be a group drop-in session and any information you provide about your personal situation will be in a group setting. Therefore, if you have questions of a confidential/private nature that require privacy, please book a one-on-one appointment with one of the advisors.
August 11| 2:00- 3:00 pm. Register for Aug 11 Legal Status Q & A via CLNx.
August 15| 10:00- 11:00 am. Register for Aug 15 Q & A session via CLNx
August 23| 2:00- 3:00 pm. Register for Aug 23 Q & A session via CLNx
Back to Home