Filing a 2021 tax return?

If you’re planning on filing a 2021 tax return, be sure to enter your Social Insurance Number (SIN) or Individual Tax Number (ITN) in ACORN under ‘Profile & Settings’, so that it can be recorded on your T2202 (and your T4A if the tax slip is issued).  Failure to do so may result in a financial penalty for you and the University.

For international students who are not eligible nor required to file a Canadian tax return, SIN/ITN is not required on T2202 and T4A. Therefore, you do NOT need to apply for a SIN/ITN for the sole purpose of reporting it to the University of Toronto.

On February 21, 2022, the 2021 tax year T2202 and the T4A will be available on ACORN for you to view and print even if you have NOT recorded your SIN or ITN on ACORN.  This information will be submitted to CRA and if there is no SIN or ITN, the field will display 000-000-000. For more information, visit the Student Accounts Website.

Back to Home