Farewell to Liz Smyth, Vice-Dean, Programs
After almost a decade with the School of Graduate Studies, Professor Elizabeth Smyth will be ending her term as Vice-Dean, Programs on June 30.
For those of you who have had the pleasure of working with her, you will know that Liz has been a tireless supporter of graduate students, faculty, and staff both inside and outside the University.
Highlights of her time at SGS include …
- Approving (since 2009) 7,000 external reviews for Doctoral Final Oral Exams
- Ensuring (since 2012) that 9,598 graduate faculty memberships were successfully processed
- Playing a key role in coordinating the Scholars-at-Risk Fellowship with Massey College
- Streamlining the Joint Educational Placement Program requirements to facilitate research opportunities for students at U of T and leading global universities
- Championing U of T graduate studies across Canada and around the world
A tremendous thank you, Liz, for your dedication to SGS and the U of T graduate community. You will be greatly missed!
Back to Home