Deadline extended: School of Cities Fellowship Award
Deadline: By 9 pm on November 5, 2019
The School of Cities Student Fellowship Award provides a forum and unique opportunities for urban-focused interdisciplinary and collaborative learning, mentorship, research, experiential and service-based learning to students at all three campuses and across divisional boundaries.
Student Fellowships are open to current University of Toronto students with a strong interest and passion for urban issues and critical challenges, and who are motivated to initiate and lead an innovative and impactful project during the winter term. The duration of the fellowship is four months, with flexibility to extend with approval, based on the type of project.
The Student Fellowship will provide participants with the opportunity to:
- Connect with peers by participating in a series of in-person Fellowship meetings, building skills and understanding in areas such as urban leadership, diversity and inclusion, organizational development, community-based research, and policy processes;
- Contribute to SofC programming and activities and act as a mentor to one of the Student Academy’s thematic working groups;
- Receive a stipend of $2,000 to support their pursuit of an independent project that addresses the broad theme of cities;
- Share their project outcomes at the Student Academy & Fellows symposium in June 2020;
- Join an alumni network of Fellows and Student Academy members.
Each project must include some form of public engagement and can be shared on the School of Cities website and social media channels. This includes, but is not limited to, animating a monthly student-led conversation café, community outreach, civic engagement, working on a policy brief, writing op-eds, an activation, an art installation, writing a blog, organizing a debate, a podcast, etc.
Back to Home