CIE programming for international students – Working in Canada

Working in Canada and Entry Documents – Q&A

Are you an international student who would like to work in Canada? If so, watch one or more of these instructional videos first and then join us for the Q&A session covering the topics listed below.

How to Apply for a New Entry Visa (TRV) from Inside Canada


  • Your legal rights and obligations when it comes to working in Canada.
  • The different types of work permits/work authorizations.
  • The eligibility criteria for on-campus employment; off-campus employment; co-op work permit; post-graduation work permit.
  • Applying for a new entry visa from inside Canada after getting a post-graduation work permit.
  • The maximum hours that an international student is allowed to work during the academic year (Fall and Winter)
  • The eligibility criteria for working full time during scheduled breaks (Winter and Summer breaks)
  • Working between the gap period between the first and second degree (for students who plan to enroll in a second degree/program).
  • Working during the transition period from student status to worker status.
  • Getting a social insurance number (SIN).

Please register ahead of time.

May 610:00 -11:00 amRegister
May 92:00-3:00 pmRegister
May 1710:00-11:00 am Register
May 2510:00 – 11:00 amRegister

Back to Home