CIE programming for international students – Working in Canada
Working in Canada and Entry Documents – Q&A
Are you an international student who would like to work in Canada? If so, watch one or more of these instructional videos first and then join us for the Q&A session covering the topics listed below.
- Working in Canada overview (21 minutes)
- Co-op Work Permit PART 1 (30 minutes), PART 3A (24 minutes), and PART 3B (22 minutes)
- Post-Graduation Work Permit PART 1 (25 minutes), PART 2 (15 minutes), PART 4 (24 minutes), PART 5 (22 minutes)
How to Apply for a New Entry Visa (TRV) from Inside Canada
- Visa Renewal Part I: Introduction & Required Documents (14 minutes)
- Visa Renewal Part II: The Online Eligibility Questionnaire for a Visa Application (24 minutes)
- Visa Renewal Part III: Completing a Visa Application Form IMM  (20 minutes)
- Your legal rights and obligations when it comes to working in Canada.
- The different types of work permits/work authorizations.
- The eligibility criteria for on-campus employment; off-campus employment; co-op work permit; post-graduation work permit.
- Applying for a new entry visa from inside Canada after getting a post-graduation work permit.
- The maximum hours that an international student is allowed to work during the academic year (Fall and Winter)
- The eligibility criteria for working full time during scheduled breaks (Winter and Summer breaks)
- Working between the gap period between the first and second degree (for students who plan to enroll in a second degree/program).
- Working during the transition period from student status to worker status.
- Getting a social insurance number (SIN).
Please register ahead of time.
Back to Home