When: October 3, 9 am-5 pm
Where: York University, 4700 Keele Street, 305 York Lane
Register and Learn more
Note: This Mitacs workshop is free for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows. However, the preauthorization of a valid credit card is required as part of the registration process. For answers to frequently asked question regarding registration and eligibility, please visit the FAQ page: http://step.mitacs.ca/faq
When working with others, we often forget the impressions and impact we have on those around us. We often dismiss just how important our personal reputation impacts the way we are perceived and in turn, how others relate to us and ultimately, what opportunities are opened to us. From first impressions to making a lasting impression, this one-day workshop will provide you with tips, tricks and tools from dressing the part to knowing how to apply effective communication techniques and professional behaviour when working closely with others.
To increase participant awareness of how actions and behaviours can solidify and undo personal and professional reputation when working closely with others.
Through participating and completing this workshop, participants will:
- Have a broad understanding of business etiquette and how it applies to the work environment
- Understand the importance of personal reputation
- Learn how to dress for success
- Gain the tools to avoid common email etiquette pitfalls and create a professional e-profile and reputation
- Expand their knowledge on how to apply effective communication techniques and professional behaviour while working closely with others
- Be able to strategically plan and run (and participate in) effective meetings
- Have the tools and knowledge to apply professionalism when travelling for business or attending business functions
If you have any questions please contact the Step team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Home