Building a Biotech Venture: Trainee entrepreneurship program
Take your first steps toward entrepreneurship with Building a Biotech Venture, a program for trainees who are doing regenerative medicine- or precision medicine-related research in labs at the University of Toronto or its affiliated hospitals.
This program aims to support the next generation of researchers as they take their first steps toward building their technology into a product or venture.
Through this program, teams will:
- Learn how to think about their research in terms of a product or business;
- Build a business canvas and develop their product or venture concept;
- Receive guidance from industry experts on intellectual property, clinical translation, and early-stage stage investment.
- Create a pitch deck and receive coaching on telling their venture story; and
- Receive regular mentoring from industry experts and entrepreneurs throughout the process.
The program will culminate in a pitch competition in spring 2022 where the first-place team will receive up to $25,000, and the second-place team will receive up to $10,000 in research funding to advance their product concept.
Interested in learning more? Attend our information session on November 4 or check out our website. You can also direct your questions to Julie Crljen: email@example.com
Back to Home