Become a Better Communicator with GCAC
The Graduate Centre for Academic Communication (GCAC), formerly known as ELWS, is part of the University of Toronto’s School of Graduate Studies (SGS). Our instructors help U of T graduate students working in all disciplines to improve their academic writing and speaking.
How can GCAC help you?
- through courses and workshops that will make you a more effective writer and presenter at every stage, from pre-writing to editing
- through personalized instruction and a modular curriculum that gives you control over what you learn and when
- through targeted instruction that meets the needs of both native and non-native speakers of English
- through insights into the genres of academic communication you’ll need to master to succeed, from grant proposals to journal articles to theses
We Offer Four Types of Support:
- Courses (registration required)
- Workshops (drop-in; no registration required)
- One-on-One Writing Consultations (by appointment only; book online)
- Writing Boot Camps and Intensives (registration required)
All GCAC offerings are free for registered U of T graduate students. Join the GCAC Listserv to receive weekly notifications of all our activities.
Back to Home